- Orders are normally dispatched within a few days.
- While all care is taken, any errors or omissions in product details are unintentional.
We use a range of NZ couriers, depending on which is best for the job, so that you can be assured your gear is in good hands. Orders are dispatched from our premises in Hamilton.
You can use Shopping Cart for shipping calculations.
Regular / Parcel Post
Estimated delivery time: 2 – 5 business days.
Estimated delivery time: next business day.
Plus Sized Items
Plus sized items, such as dundun will be sent via courier or Main freight. These special items need special attention; we’ll work out the cheapest courier option for your location. Email us for inquiries.
Workshop and Team Building Terms and Conditions
- Booking and Payment: 1.1. A 30% deposit is required to secure the booking for the team-building workshop. 1.2. The remaining balance is due 14 days before the scheduled workshop date. 1.3. All payments should be made payable to “Rhythm Makers Limited” trading as “African Drumming NZ”.
- Cancellation and Rescheduling: 2.1. Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to the workshop date will result in a full refund of the deposit. 2.2. Cancellations made between 30 to 15 days prior to the workshop date will result in a 50% refund of the deposit. 2.3. Cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the workshop date will result in forfeiture of the deposit. 2.4. Rescheduling is subject to availability and can be done at no extra cost if requested more than 30 days before the original workshop date.
- Liability: 3.1. African Drumming NZ shall not be held liable for any personal injuries, damages to, or loss of personal property during the workshop.
- Conduct: 4.1. Participants are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful and orderly manner during the workshop. 4.2. African Drumming NZ reserves the right to remove any participant behaving inappropriately, with no refund provided.
- Photography and Videography: 5.1. African Drumming NZ may take photographs and videos during the workshop for promotional purposes unless explicitly requested otherwise by the client in writing.
- Force Majeure: 6.1. In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of African Drumming NZ such as natural disasters, epidemics, or government restrictions, African Drumming NZ will work with the client to reschedule the workshop to a mutually agreeable date at no extra cost.
- Governing Law: 7.1. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand.
- Acknowledgment: 8.1. By paying the deposit, the client acknowledges that they have read, understood, and agreed to the Terms and Conditions outlined herein.
WHAT ARE THE ONLINE SHOP SUPPORT HOURS?
Our team is available to take online enquires Monday through Friday 11am to 7pm. Alternatively, you can email us and we’ll reply as soon as possible.
CAN YOU LET ME KNOW WHEN A PARTICULAR ITEM I’M AFTER IS BACK IN STOCK?
Yes! let us know which item you are after, and we’ll get in touch as soon as it is back in stock. If there are no matching items in our inventory, feel free to contact us to see how we can help.
CAN I CHANGE MY ORDER?
In the event that you need to change or cancel an order, please call us immediately on 0211567712 or email email@example.com with your request. If your order has not been packed for shipment, we will do everything possible to make the changes you request. Our goal is to fully process your order ASAP, so changes may not be possible.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY ORDER?
We ship regularly with orders usually dispatched twice per week. You’ll have the option of choosing either Express Post (usually next day delivery) or Standard Post.
CAN I RETURN MY ORDER?
Please refer to our Returns Policy for details.
WHAT IF MY ORDER IS DAMAGED WHEN IT ARRIVES?
Please call or email us immediately on 0211567712 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DO YOU HAVE DISCOUNTS FOR EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS AND ACCEPT PURCHASE ORDERS?
Yes we do. Contact us to receive our Schools and Community catalogue, or for a tailored quote for your organisation.
DO YOU SELL GIFT VOUCHERS?
Yes, they can be bought Online and in store.
WHAT IS YOUR WARRANTY ON ITEMS?
Visit our warranty page.
All of our African hand drums are covered under our 5 Month Graduated Warranty – this includes all djembes, dunun and kpalago.
What Isn’t Covered?
What is not covered under warranty? Breakage caused by irresponsible use or accidental damage caused by the customer (like an axe through the hide or dropping from height).
We reserve the right of discretion when assessing the condition of returned drums.
The African Drumming Guarantee.
Drumming is our passion. We value the drums we craft and the customers who buy them – it’s what our business is centred around.
Beyond our warranty, we’re only happy when you’re happy. If there is anything amiss with your drum then we are only a call or an email away.
We can always make it right!
STORE & SHOWROOM
I SAW AN ITEM ONLINE. CAN I VISIT THE STORE TO TRY IT OUT?
Yes you can! We are located at 84A Bruce Avenue Glenview, Hamilton. Just call ahead to arrange a time that suits and we would be more than happy to assist you.
021 156 7712